During our Executive meeting held September 10-11, 2011 in Ottawa a discussion took place regarding our next CULE Convention. After some debate the Executive decided to get the process started regarding where and when our Convention should be held. With that in mind we have a few questions for you to consider and provide feedback:
1. Where do you think we should hold the next CULE Convention? (Please provide reasons why the Convention should be held there e.g. social justice, international solidarity, etc).
2. When should the next Convention be held? Please suggest year e.g. 2013, 2014.
3. Month of the year, please take into consideration that the time suggested will be contingent upon the Employer’s agreement due to their operational needs.
4. Are there any factors that you think CULE should take into consideration in the choice of a location for the next Convention (eg. cost, social justice, other)?*
Please submit your responses (fax, email or mail) to the above four questions to: Gail Chafe, CULE Treasurer c/o PSAC Calgary Regional Office, prior to the deadline, November 15, 2011.
* based on the costs of the last two conventions and spending pattern, CULE convention budget should enable a fully paid convention by January 2013.